We hope you will find that we can meet your research needs as we offer a wide range of services. Please feel free to contact us to discuss the wide range of experiments we can perform.
The mandate of the CCIC Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics (MSP) Facility is to provide state-of-the-art instrumentation and personnel expertise for a wide variety of research projects. Main areas of services we provide include i) proteomics, ii) metabolomics, and iii) general mass spec analyses for research groups. We also participate and provide support for grant applications and education. The Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics Facility at CCIC is an interdisciplinary unit, servicing faculty from the colleges of Biological Sciences, Education and Human Ecology, Engineering, Food, Agriculture & Environmental Sciences, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Medicine, Optometry, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine just to name a few. CCIC also serves scientists from other universities and industry within and outside of Ohio.
In order to minimize contamination in mass spectrometry and proteomics it is recommend you review this PDF prior starting your experiment(s).
Instructions for submitting samples to the Mass Spectrometry & Proteomics Facility:
- If you do not know what kind of service you need, please contact Dr Arpad Somogyi
- Submit a Service Request Form through FOM – see instructions on Rates & Forms page of our website.
- Please provide as much information as possible regarding the sample and desired analysis. Please note any special sample instructions or analysis instructions on the form.
The more information we have, the better the results and the faster we can return data.
- Bring sample(s) and the Service Request Form between 8AM & 5PM or mail to:
OSU Mass Spectrometry & Proteomics Facility
460 W 12th Ave, Rm 250 Biomedical Research Tower (BRT)
Columbus, OH 43210
Phone: 614-247-8789 Fax: 614-292-5955
- Bring your Buck ID for access to our Facility in the Biomedical Research Tower.
- Results are emailed and all data is electronic.
- Samples are discarded after analysis, so please indicate if you would like to pick up any unused sample.